BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Gaia Layouts »

Sunday, December 20, 2015

How Lads to Leaders Has Helped Me

Lads to Leaders has helped me in so many different ways. When I was little I didn't have any confidence in myself. Throughout the years of participating in Lads to Leaders I have grown spiritually and emotionally. When I first thought about ever giving a speech my knees would shake and I would get really sick. I never and I mean absolutely never had the nerve to talk to strangers or get up in front of a crowd. Doing Bible reading, giving speeches, and leading songs for Lads to Leaders has helped a whole lot with that. I am now 18 years old and jump at the chance to get up and teach others about the Gospel. I might not have won in every event I was participating in but the leaders have taught us from a young age that winning isn't everything we are all winners in Gods eyes. One of the best parts of convention is being around almost 10,000 Christians from all over the World. Often times we get so caught up with the competition side of things we miss out what really matters the most. Don't get me wrong winning is great but soon enough we will have a much bigger award. Bigger then any trophy or medal, it will be an award that makes your whole life being dedicated to the Gospel worth it. We just have a few rules first we have to honor and obey God and make sure to teach others and take them with us.

2 comment(s). Leave yours now!:

Anonymous said...

Keri- I like your blog. I am getting more confident every year, and learning how to do so many new things because of L2L. I hope your rest of the year is great!

Blaine, a fellow L2L kid

Emily said...

L2L helped me with confidence in public speaking, meeting others, doing good, and even with my career as a teacher! I love L/L!