BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Gaia Layouts »

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Donuts

Thursday night I worked at the Birmingham Zoo for the Zoo Light Safari. We got done around 9:30 and when I got in the car I was starving and freezing. My mom had a box of donuts in the car so that's what I ate.  On our way home we were at a red light and this man was standing in the middle of the road with a sign that said "Starving, give food". This man was homeless and didn't have anything to eat. We stopped and gave the man the box of donuts. Yeah it was just a few left but he was so appreciative of them. I understood how cold he was I had just been outside myself for 5 hours but he does that everyday and night. The poor man didn't even have any food. People always see homeless people on the street and say oh they aren't that bad off they could go get a job and do better. Nobody ever stops to think maybe that person doesn't have any one to help them. They might not be able to go get a job. People are always afraid to stop because they think if they give them money they will just go buy drugs then why not go buy them food. Stop judging people just because they have different circumstances then you and are under different conditions then you are. Some people actually do appreciate your help and want better for themselves.  It broke my heart seeing that man outside in the cold hungry. I wish I could have done more for him. I know he was grateful for the donuts and I hope someday I can help that man again. I wish the best for him and everyone else who is homeless with no food or anything to drink or with no warmth.  It wouldn't kill you to give them food every once in a while. God gives us food everyday without complaining so why do we have to complain about giving other people food who need it.

1 comment(s). Leave yours now!:

Anonymous said...

This blog is GREAT. I love L2L.