BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Gaia Layouts »

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Samantha Mahoney

Samantha is an 11th grader at Clay-Chalkville High School. She plays the saxophone at her school. This weekend when we did UAB honor band we were put in the same band. On Friday during practice she received a phone call that I know changed her life forever. When she got the phone call she left practice about an hour and a half later she came back. After lunch we found out her mom had just died from kidney cancer. Samantha came back and finished practice. Yesterday at the concert she came and performed knowing that's where her mom would've wanted her to be. We played a song called Chrous Angelorum. Samantha announced this song and dedicated it to her mom. Chorus Angelorum is a song about death. Samantha is a strong young lady who influenced me a lot this weekend. We didn't really get to talk but I know if we had we could have been really good friends. She was a influence on me without even realizing it. I wish the best for her and her family. My prayers are with her through this difficult time and I hope yours will be also. It is going to be a difficult road ahead for her and her family but with the prayers of everyone and the help of God everything will be okay. Now is the time where she is going to need her band family, UAB honor band family, actual family, and friends the most. I know I will never forget the courage of Samantha. It has impacted me forever.

0 comment(s). Leave yours now!: